Sig sure does love his adjectives - especially "game-changer."
Monday, October 31, 2022
Monday, October 10, 2022
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
We have your interest in Raleigh's parks bond - and it's a lot. Raleigh voters can approve or disapprove a parks bond on November 8, 2022. The bond covers a myriad of proposed projects. The cost? Well according to Raleigh it's $275 million.
But that's not exactly correct. Raleigh will borrow the money through general obligation (voter approved) bonds. That lowers the interest rate but the lender's not very gracious. The proposed interest costs are considerable.
What you've read is correct. Raleigh will pay $130 million in interest payments to borrow $275 million.
Will Raleigh increase your taxes to finance this? Without a doubt.
You can the read the Statement of Total Estimated Interest here.
Tuesday, September 20, 2022
Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Monday, September 5, 2022
The Raleigh Chamber could not even get them out of a few blocks in downtown Raleigh ...
Here's some ideas:
1. Take them around the drug-infested hotels on New Bern Avenue, South Saunders Street and Capital Blvd. where the prostitutes and drug dealers hang out. Let them review the police reports.
2. Let them see the homeless up and down Capital Blvd.
3. Let them see the ungentrified areas of downtown Raleigh. Let them walk around at 10:00 pm at night down Bragg or Branch Street.
4. Let them talk to police officers who remain understaffed.
5. Hang out at the Waffle House off Capital Blvd. at Highwoods late at night - or perhaps the one on New Bern at Trawick.
6. Hang out by the Wake Inn on a Friday night at 1 am.
Just get them out of your glorious downtown. Shame they couldn't polish off a beer on the street yet.
Instead you have them riding the carousel at Chavis Park. What a joke.